Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Little "A-Line" Number

As these days I seem to be getting all glam'd up more than often on a weekend, I have purchased a NEW dress for the first time in about 3 months. 
(Thats what happens when you get a cosmetic obsession...oops!)
But this little number couldnt be missed.
I am celebrating my brothers 24th birthday this weekend
&
for anyone thats locally familiar with wakefield, I will be par-taking in the "Westgate Run"
I have decided to go for something completely different, I have never once wore anything A-Line ever.
BUT there is a "first time for everything" .. So they say!

I was walking past River Island & it seemed to be crammed with all things orange, red & monochrome.
like I've been saying all this month I am mad for anything orange at the moment & of course the orange fever came over me & lured me in. 
(against my own will... fever is so powerful!)



This A Line beauty comes in at a BARGAIN £30.00
I love this dress, it's so chic & very 60's.
The busy black & white checked pattern makes it very flattering on any figure, especially with the A Line cut, just skims all the right places!. I am a very tall girl, I stand at 5ft 8' & this dress comes to just above my knee, it is the PERFECT length!


The orange trim round the neckline, middle of the shoulders & sleeves really set this piece off.
They give it such a statement look!
(Of course I have the perfect Orange lipstick to go with this dress!)
I will be wearing it with MAC's "Neon Orange" Lipstick, I shall definitely be posting a picture when I wear this on saturday night.
(Watch this space...)

A word of warning though ladies, this dress due to it being A Line is designed to be over sized, but it can be a little too on the large side & I picked this up in an 8.
(I usually take a size 10)
This garment starts at a size 8 & finishes at an 18.

I think this is such a classy piece & I will be dressing it up with some orange heels or black an gold studded heels, a black clutch & a hint of chunky gold hoops. 

....

Do you like the A Line cut?

Will you be getting your 60's fix?

Black shoes or Orange shoe, which would you team this up with?

Want to keep up with all things Make-upxcity?
Follow me on BlogLovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment