Tuesday 16 July 2013

'Blacktrack' Fluidline Liner

With the sun not being out yet. Im using this morning to actively blog a little post about a MAC product that iv recently picked up, if I'm honest I've actually no idea how I have managed years without this product!
Its well got me hooked, I shall be repurchasing this product time & time again, However it's set to last a good year atleast.

Just for a little blogging info, currently sat in the garden supporting my Chicago Bulls away kit jersey. Listening to #HolidayAnthems! This is a totally fabulous summer holiday sountrack, it's a new release CHECK IT OUT!!!!

ANYWAY....

ON TO THE LINER...

I have been set using Collection 2000's "Fast Stroke" black eyeliner for years, for me this product is perfect for a first liquid liner, its got such an easy applicator, the brush is a sponge making it so easy to apply. You get an even thick black stroke when following the shape of your eyelid. Its brought to you by Boots Collection 2000

& you can pick up this product for a BARGAIN £2.99

This product is really long lasting, I found myself having to buy one of these every 4-5 months & I used the product everyday. 
(Cannot go a day without my cat eye black stroke liner look!)
The liner would last all day. I found it could sometimes need a second coat when its first applied to really get the deep bold black effect!
At this perfect price it's a great starting liner to see if you can really get the hang of applying & wearing liquid liner. I stuck to this liner for 4 years before splashing out on counter brand.

ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH
It was time to go wild & experiment with a counter brand liner, Id seen so many of these new "Gel" liners that come in a pot, which must be applied with a brush!
After numours chats with my fellow Beauty Guru from work Hannah Norton! 
(Big love to Han! an M&S beauty counter worker!)
She swayed me into popping down to my favorite counter ever... MAC
with the promise their 'FLUIDLINE' is amazing.
SHE DID GOOD!


 Now I'm not a steady handed girl, in-fact I am extremely clumsy & didn't think I could manage a bristle brush, I thought id create a right dogs dinner out of it, BUT I was very surprised at how easy this applies! A little goes a long way with the product, use it sparingly, as long as I keep this sealed tight this baby should last AGES!
I am a sucker for black eyes, I love a good smokey eye or a completed blacked out eye, it gives a real sexy vibe & creates a mysterious look. So of course I picked this up in 'Black track' a deeply pigmented black. This beauty is £17.50
(MAC do offer this product in a range of colours see the website for more details!)
I am using a bog standard brush nothing too special, you can pick them up everywhere Superdrug, Boots, M&S beauty, topshop beauty & counter brands, prices ranging from £3.50-£20.00

I am using an a thin liner brush to follow the shape of my eyelid. I will just follow the natural shape of my eye, enhancing my eyes & eyelashes. I will then take the angled brush & created the perfectly fierce cat eye flick to give my liner a bit of flare!

Here is the product before applying mascara, the product doesn't run & it comes on easily and thickly. It glides smoothly across areas of the eyelid.
BELOW:
Is a swatch of the liner on my hand from the brush, so you can see how easy it is to get an even thick killer stroke from your brush!

I am head over heels in LOVE with this product, the brushes allow you to get both eyes perfectly even with such great ease, you don't need overly expensive brushes either. I grabbed mine for £4.00 each from boots! BARGAIN!
they give the same effect and finish as the high end MAC brush I was nearly talked into purchasing.
(I FOUND WILL POWER!)

HERE IS THE COMPLETED LOOK!

(PLEASE Excuse the cheeky bit of fringe covering my mascara there)

.....

What's your must have liner?

Are you a liquid or pencil girl?

Is liquid liner eyes part of your everyday look?

WANT TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THINGS MAKE-UPXCITY?
FOLLOW ME
ON
BLOGLOVIN'
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/8316059

No comments:

Post a Comment