Wednesday 12 June 2013

Fashionista Set

FINALLY!.. 
After a month of trailing from counter to counter chasing the entire 3 lipsticks MAC were offering in there limited edition fashionista set. As I casually stroll past Harvey Nicholas on my way to work (I have to resist temptation .. but sometimes it's ok to be a rebellion.. right?) So I dropped in this definitely must have been my lucky day because there was all 3 colours left in stock. Despite having an extremely large lipstick collection I could NOT give these 3 amazing matte colours a miss!

This is by far the boldest collection MAC have released & I was desperate to get my fashionista fix! 
The collection consists of 3 Matte Lipsticks in the Shades above.

Heroine was the colour I was itching to get my hands on the most. it's a Matte purple that gives a dramatic finish and looks amazing when applied. It's a highly pigmented purple with a slight pink underlay tone.. MAC's Amplified 'Up The Amp" is a similar, but it has a more dominate pink pigment to it.
Below is a swatch of the colour.

Desperate to get your hands on MAC's Heroine? 
Mac have released this colour before this time was it's second appearance.. isn't the saying 3rd time lucky? Fingers crossed 

Ablaze is a Matte orangey/red colour. It's highly a pigmented orange with a red underlay base. This colour looks amazing on olive skin tone, dark hair & dark eyes,Whenever I wear this shade I get a bunch of compliments & I'm forever sending ladies to the MAC counter for shades similar such as "Vegas Volt"
Below is a swatch of the colour

Last but by all means least.. Embrace Me. 
The lovely lady at the counter actually suggested this to me, it wasn't a colour I was itching to have, However I am a sucker for anything Limited Edition & having there was only one left it definitely had my name on it!
The girl convinced me by saying it really compliments olive skin tones. I am not a lover of Pink shades on myself. But after my Nana stealing my Candy Yum Yum lipstick
 (which was also limited edition at one point!)
I figured I'd give Embrace Me a try instead.

Below is a colour swatch


I was not disappointed with the colour, the girl definitely got it spot on the shade does look amazing on olive toned skin.
 Embrace me is very similar to Candy Yum Yum, but it has a blue underlay pigment. Its a warmer pink tone but still has a fierce level of brightness to give a dramatic finish to any look!
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment